- About Curling
- The Club
- Try Curling!
- Sign Up/Pay
US Women's Curling Association (USWCA)
The United States Women's Curling Association (USWCA) was created in 1947 and works to encourage grassroots and women's curling. To achieve this, the USWCA sponsors a number of bonspiels and provides special funding to clubs and individuals. The San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club joined the USWCA in 2006. If you're interested in joining, contact the SFBACC rep at USWCA@bayareacurling.com.
- National Bonspiel - This is the USWCA's premier annual event. Itâ€™s for women only and itâ€™s by invitation, usually 1 team per club can attend.
- 5 & Under for men and women - 5 & Under events are for curlers with 5 or fewer years of experience. Some events are open to all, and some are for women only. All are open to everyone, including curlers who are not members of the USWCA. In 2007, the USWCA passed a new initiative to try to hold two events per region, per year - one mixed and one women's only (though this will depend on the interest of clubs in the regions.)
- All-American - This is normally an internal club bonspiel held by clubs with 26 or more USWCA members. We have been lucky enough to receive invitations to these events at other clubs. In 2007 and 2008, our ladies attended the event in Seattle. To sign up, contact your rep.
Other Special Programs - The USWCA also holds two international tours and provides grants to groups and individuals. For more information, follow the links below or contact your rep.
- Scot Tour
- Senior Women's Canadian Friendship Tour
- Women's Curling Development Fund - This fund was created to help grassroots curling, as well as juniors and women trying to become competitive curlers. You can apply for small grants of money to defray the costs of special projects and programs. Grants can also be used to help with an individual's bonspiel or development camp fees. Only women can apply for funds. For more information, follow the link or contact your rep.