- About Curling
- The Club
- Try Curling!
- Sign Up/Pay
Post-Olympics and New Spring Curling Season
We have just added new league and lesson series. Check out the list below and register from our "Sign Up" menu tab above. - SFBACC (4/12)
We are selling advanced tickets for Learn-to-Curl Clinics here on our web site. Due to strong interest in these events and our desire to provide the best possible experience, advanced tickets will be required. Right now, all our Learn-to-Curl Clinics are full, but we should be opening up new dates soon. Thank you! SFBACC 4/12/10
Welcome to our special section for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver - and our new Spring Season. The San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club will be holding a lot of events to celebrate and spread the word about the great sport of curling! We've got a few events scheduled, but check back in the coming weeks for more class dates. All events will also be listed on our calendar.
San Jose - Sharks Ice at San Jose, 1500 S 10th Street, San Jose, 95112 (downtown, near Spartan Stadium)
Fremont - Sharks Ice at Fremont, 44388 Old Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, 94538 (near Nummi and Fry's)
Oakland - Oakland Ice Center, 519 18th Street, Oakland, 94612 (in the "uptown" part of downtown 1/2 block from the 19th Street BART station)
**San Francisco - Yerba Buena Gardens Skating Rink, 750 Folsom Street, San Francisco 94107 - The SFBACC does not have regular activities here, but we will be helping with a special Olympic demo on Saturday, Feb 13 from 6-8:30 pm. Tickets are available through the Yerba Buena skating rink.
Try curling for the first time or refresh your skills at a curling clinic. These last about 1-2 hours and cover the basics of the curling delivery and sweeping. We'll also play coached games as space and time permit. Cost is $15 per person or $12.50 per person for groups for 4 or more. more about curling clinics
We are selling advanced tickets for Learn-to-Curl Clinics here on our web site. Due to strong interest in these events and our desire to provide the best possible experience, advanced tickets will be required. Thank you! SFBACC
- SOLD OUT
April 6, Tuesday, 9:30-11:30pm **Date has changed to April 13**
- SOLD OUT
May 18, Tuesday, 7:15-9:30pm
- SOLD OUT
May 20, Thursday, 7:30-9:45pm
- SOLD OUT
April 28, Wednesday, 6-8:30pm
**More dates coming in late June and early July for sure - possibly sooner! Please check back! - thanks, SFBACC 4/12/10 **
This is the best way to get good fast! We'll be hosting many lesson series of varying length. Sign-up right away as these filled fast during the last Olympics. You can sign up for multiple series. We will group students by experience level, if possible. During the spring lessons, we expect to have groups for novice/basic refresher (Level 1a), beginner (Level 1b) and advanced beginner (Level 2). If you are interest in a certain level of lessons, please note that when you register. more about lessons and levels and Register for lessons here now
- SJ Spring Lesson Series 1: 5 weeks, April 13 - May 11, Tuesdays, 7-9:30 pm, $125 **This session is almost full.
- SJ Spring Lesson Series 2: 5 weeks, May 25 - June 22, Tuesdays, 7-9:30 pm, $125
- Fremont Spring Lesson Series 1: 5 weeks, April 15 - May 13, Thursdays, 7-9:45 pm, $125 **This session is almost full.
- Fremont Spring Lesson Series 2: 5 weeks, May 27 - June 24, Thursdays, 7-9:45 pm, $125
- CLASS FULL
Winter mini-series - 5 weeks, March 24-April 21, Wednesdays, time 6:30-9:00 pm, $125
- CLASS CLOSED TO NEW REGISTRANTS
Spring mini-series - 5 weeks, May 5 â€“ June 2, Wednesdays, time 6:30-9:00 pm, $125
- NEW Saturday April mini-series - 5 weeks, April 17-May 15, Saturdays, 2:15-5:15 pm, $125
Leagues are the heart and soul of club life. You can sign up as a team or an individual. Don't worry if you're just a beginner - these are instructional leagues and our drawmaster will match you with a more experienced player who will coach you as you go. more about leagues
- CHANGE This was previously an 11-week league from April 13-June 22 but has been changed to 10 weeks due to constraints from the arena. We thank you for your understanding.
- FULL - PLEASE CONSIDER THE FREMONT LEAGUE
10-week Spring League (depending on interest) - Tuesdays, April 20-June 22, 9:30-11:30pm
- 10-week Spring League - Thursdays, April 15-June 24, 7:45-9:45pm. No curling May 20th. (depending on enrollment level of lessons)
- projected Possible 5-week Spring league, Wednesdays, May 5 â€“ June 2, 6:30-9:00 pm - This will only be offered at the last minute if the lessons at this time do not fill.
Download a Flyer
|From SFBACC 2010 - Olympic Flyers|
There are 3 versions of this - color (as shown above), black and white, and color without text (so you can add your own!) Follow the link above to our Picasa album to download the large versions of the flyers.